PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL), is a global leader in specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing payroll for 1,000+ employees in a team-oriented environment where job-sharing and cross training are keys to success. The position includes a wide range of payroll functions, including record keeping, data importing and interfacing, verifying, balancing, filing, processing, distributing, handling employee questions, and other various payroll related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and processes payroll for 1,000+ employees over multiple work locations, compiles payroll data to maintain records, and calculates payroll utilizing multiple systems.
- Reviews and records new hires, pay rates and changes affecting net wages such as insurance coverage, direct deposits, and other miscellaneous deductions related to third parties.
- Assists in accumulation and organization of information to ensure that related payroll accounts are reported properly to Federal, State and local agencies as may be required.
- Assists in preparation and creation of standard and ad-hoc reports and aids in reconciling all payroll-related general ledger accounts.
- Works closely with the HR team to solve issues related to payroll changes, new hires, manual check requests, direct deposit drives, benefits issues, policy issues etc.
- Helps maintain the time-keeping system for multiple locations.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
- High-School diploma required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Skill and understanding of applicable concepts, practices and procedures within the Payroll field.
- Math aptitude/skill sufficient to perform simple arithmetic and bookkeeping requirements.
- Strong computer and analytical skills combined with the ability to manage large amounts of data. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and have SAP familiarity.
- Ability to actively listen to customer issues, efficiently troubleshoot problems and implement solutions in a timely and customer focused manner.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must for this position.
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated skill working under tight-deadlines and heavy volume with accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while performing duties.
- 1+ years of Payroll, Finance, or Human Resources related experience.
- Prior experience using SAP and/or Enterprise eTime preferred.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne Corporation maintains a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in the state or locality in which a person is employed.