· U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
· Current, full, and unrestricted
· Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of VA for the year in which the course of study was completed.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the education requirements, applicants must possess the following technical qualifications and executive core qualifications (ECQs) required for this position. Typically, these qualifications would be gained through progressively responsible management or executive level assignments such as director of a region or program in areas of medical and healthcare leadership. All applicants should show in their RESUME that they possess these specific technical qualifications and ECQs. It is highly recommended that your resume address your accomplishments in these specific competency areas or by writing narratives outlining your work accomplishments supporting these competencies. Failing to provide this information in your application package may result in non-consideration.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQ):
TQ 1: Knowledge of mission, organization, programs and requirements of health care delivery systems, and the ability to manage and direct a large health care facility.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
REFERENCES: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G2, PHYSICIAN QUALIFICATION STANDARD. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
NOTE: Applicant's education and length of practice (experience) will be considered by a Professional Standards Board and/or Compensation Panel in determining the salary of the applicant selected.
NOTE: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Most of the work performance is at a desk, in an office setting. The incumbent occasionally carries books and papers to and from meetings and conferences.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.