JOHNSTON COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
PRINCIPAL TIMBER RIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
7370 NW 54th Avenue
The JCSD is a growing suburban district with a tradition of excellence located
on the northwest corner of Des Moines, Iowa. The district serves 7100 students in 2015-16 through a Pre-K-5, 6-7, 8-9, and 10-12 grade-level structure. The district is seeking applicants for the Principal of Timber Ridge Elementary School.
- Previous School Leadership Experience—Pre-K-8 Iowa Principal Endorsement and Evaluator Approval required.
- Collaborative Leadership Style—includes strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Curriculum Development, Instructional Strategies, and Assessment Practices designed to improve student achievement.
- Demonstrated use of research in school improvement initiatives including implementation of professional learning communities and data-driven decision-making using state and district assessment data.
- Experience in budgetary planning.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change.
Applications for the Principal position are due on March 2, 2016. The position will begin on July 1, 2016. An excellent benefit package and salary commensurate with experience will be offered. Interested candidates should visit the district Web site at www.johnston.k12.ia.us for a job description and application process.