MUST SPEAK SPANISH
The Loan Processor position is responsible for reviewing loan packages to ensure all aspects of the underwriting process has been properly completed and adhere to company policies and
underwriting guidelines. The Loan Processor evaluates the information on the loan application against various lending standards to determine if the loan applicant should receive the loan amount requested.
Other duties might include performing a risk analysis, including a detailed credit analysis of the borrower to determine loan approval based on company standards. The successful candidate evaluates and analyzes the financial portfolio, collects, and verifies that all stipulations and documentation is in place, and prepares the loan for final review. This position reports to the Branch Manager, Branch Supervisor, and Branch Manager.
- Negotiate underwriting assignments
- Screen applicants on the basis of set criteria and weigh risk and determine underwriting alternatives
- Work with management to obtain approvals
- Keep apprised of industry standards
- Collect and verify all stipulations and documentation
- Communicate with dealer and branch team
- Prepare loans for final review
- Read and analyze credit reports
- Correct inaccurate information
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Ensure all loan applications are complete and meet company policies and procedures
- Complete processes in a timely manner and keep detailed records