Location: Centennial, CO
Experience: Senior level
Industry: Software / Product Management / UI Design / Automotive
BCIT, LLC is in search
Primary Job Responsibilities
Software Product Management
• Works directly with software developers on timelines and defining deliverables, overseeing all activities related to scheduling and resource management in an agile environment.
• Ensures requirements are documented and designed clearly, implemented efficiently, and tested appropriately.
• Provides market and user experience information to developers and management to improve products and meet customer needs.
• Assists in defining the scope, requirements, and design standards for all software projects as well as organize and prioritize all feature requests, product improvements, and defects using Team Foundation Server.
• Works directly with sales and executives to determine user feedback, project workload and product priorities.
• Communicates directly with, manage relationships with and is the internal champion, for all clients.
• Conducts and analyzes market research to discern the market requirement for all the company's existing and future products.
• Product specialist and subject matter expert.
• Responsible for all product UI/UX design, including but not limited to screen mockups, framework, report layouts, theming, icons, graphics, and logos
• Oversees and conducts all product release testing & quality assurance in development, QA, and production environments. Logs and monitors all defects and bug fixes.
Secondary Job Responsibilities
Client Services & Sales Support
Custom Development Client Manager
• Works directly with external clients for custom programming needs
• Responsible for communicating developmental milestones , product deadlines, and ongoing follow-up
Sales Support & Implementation
• Assists in sales efforts by attending technical meetings and conducting product demonstrations and request for custom development.
• Assists in new customer implementation including, but not limited to data validation, training, client communication, accounting mapping, vendor liaison
What we are looking for
Business -- Product Management is above all else a business function, focused on maximizing business value from a product. Product Managers should be obsessed with optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
Technology -- There's no point defining what to build if you don't know how it will get built. This doesn't mean a Product Manager needs to be able to sit down and code but understanding the technology stack and most importantly understanding the level of effort involved is crucial to making the right decisions.
User Experience -- Last but not least the Product Manager is the voice of the user inside the business and must be passionate about the user experience. Again this doesn't mean being a pixel pusher but you do need to be out there testing the product, talking to users and getting that feedback first hand.
Education & Experience:
• B.A. or B.S. from a top-ranked university required.
• 2-5 years hands-on software product management experience
• Experience in the automotive business is a plus
Candidates should have the following skills:
• Project and Product Management experience
• UI/UX Design/Graphic Design experience
• Quick study
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent follow through with minimal supervision
• Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
• Must be able to maintain integrity, minimize confusion and keep control throughout the software development lifecycle
• Must be able to deal effectively with people while under pressure
• Must possess good judgment, initiative, strong work ethic and dependability.
• Strong attention to details
• Fun, energetic, friendly personality
Candidates should have the following technical skills:
• Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products
• Design or wireframe mockup software
• Project management software (experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) is preferred)
What we offer
• Long-term stability and growth
• Fun family work atmosphere -- darts, foosball, and Xbox
• Dynamic fast-paced work environment
• Learning environment with open communication
Compensation & Benefits
$70k - $100k (depending on experience)
Comprehensive benefits package including: Base Salary plus Bonus Plan, on-the-job training, career growth, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and holidays.
This is a full-time position located in our Centennial, CO office. Some travel may be required. For more information please visit our website at www.dlr360.com