Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
ULis a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind. Job Summary
Under general supervision, the Product/Service Specialist is responsible for selling complex technical products and/or services. Typically specializes in a limited number of products and/or services that are considered highly specialized and strategic in nature. The Product/Service Specialist provides technical details of UL’s services for use in sales presentations.
This position can be located remotely in the Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin area.
The primary focus of the position is to support sales of Appliance and HVAC performance testing in the Midwest region for our Newton, IA office.
We would like to hear from you!
Join our AHL Sales Division and make a difference!Job Responsibility
• Partners with Account Managers or Outside Sales team as opportunities are limited to close the sale.
• Develops and presents sales proposals, systems solutions and close complex technical sales opportunities as needed.
• Maintains knowledge of UL’s products and services and is able to communicate value proposition to clients effectively.
• Performs other duties as directed.Job Requirements
• Some University education (Equivalent to Associate’s degree) in a related degree with generally two years of related experience.
- Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Technology etc. with relevant sales experience.
- Or in Communications, Marketing, Business, etc.with relevant engineering/technology experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely.
• General knowledge of company policies and sales processes.
• Demonstrated ability to execute projects to achieve stated objectives.
• Recognized as a product or service specialist by peers, customers, or industry leaders.
• Significant business travel and work outside of the office required. Approximately 50% travel mostly within the midwest Region.
• Valid driver’s license is required. Must have a good driving record.
• Must be able to provide own transportation for which a mileage allowance is paid.Additional Details How To Apply
Learn more about UL!
We accept the uniqueness in individuals and see it as a powerful asset to our employees, services and community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation
#CBAmount of Travel Moderate Travel Work At Home Possible