Location: Riverwoods (IL)
Functional Area: Risk Management
Min Pay Rate:: 0.00
Max Pay Rate: 0.00
Pay Type: Year
Resource Type: Full Time
Discover Financial Services is seeking a project
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain awareness of significant changes impacting business units, particularly from an RCSA perspective, and build knowledge of business unit Risk Management groups (including policies and procedures, banking and consumer regulations/laws and RCSA practices) in order to implement necessary enhancements to control activities and minimize risk.
• Build relationships within the Risk Officer Groups and Discover Lean and serve as subject matter expert in control design and execution to help business develop and improve their control environment.
• Ensure adherence to risk and control standards through effective challenge related to Control Design Reviews and Control Effectiveness Ratings, and monitoring of RCSA corrective action plans.
• Working with Enterprise Risk Management and Business Units to ensure risk assessments (at both process and product level) are appropriate and align with business strategies.
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Ability to identify and affect appropriate risk governance and control mechanisms.
• Excellent conceptualization, presentation and communication skills with all levels of management to effectively execute change.
• Advanced project management skills and experience in managing multiple parallel and inter-dependent initiatives / projects.
• Strong relationship management, influencing, negotiation and leadership skills.
• Strong critical thinking.
• Knowledge of RCSA and operational risk management theories and methods as well as related risk frameworks (credit, market, etc.) and risk management practices.
• Experience in roles requiring product and process management, implementation of governance and controls and operational risk management oversight.
• Degree in Business, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Economics or other applicable higher education degree.
• Experience in Financial Services.
• Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise a plus.
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.