NuCO2 is the largest, best and a national provider of beverage grade liquid CO2, onsite N2 generation and storage, to the Foodservice and Hospitality Industry.
The associate shallconduct themselves following the five pillar of safety, leading by example, while fostering a positive safe work environment.
The route driver is responsible for delivering bulk CO2 liquid, hi-pressure cylinders and other products to customers according to the scheduled route.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all company safety policies, operating procedures, and directives from Supervisor
- Clock in to Ultipro (Payroll System) using depot telephone while adhering to Hours of Service Procedure (OP-201)
- Review communication messages and Safety Alerts from Supervisor
- Log into DCI (Driver Check In) to assign open calls/work that pertain to your route
- Log into Xata through your Pal hand-held device
- Perform proper Pre-trip of vehicle following the Operating Procedure and Checklist (OP-209 and OD-209-1)
- Ensure PPE are in place and in good condition (OP-251)
- Safety check the CO2 Receiver and Polar Hose (OP-280 and OP-281)
- Fill Bulk Truck with CO2 from the Receiver (OP-217)
- Secure depot grounds and call supervisor before leaving depot.
- Safely Drive and Deliver CO2 to customer locations (OP-218)
- Safely maintain telephone communication with supervisor and/or dispatch to communicate timely ETA's and completion of calls (OP-231)
- Must be able to accommodate shift changes by local management based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret established SOP, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic mathematical skills - addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office product computer skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with hazardous materials and pressurized gas systems preferred.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of 1 year commercial driving experience in a similar vehicle in the past 3 years.
- Must have a clean driving record that meets NuCO2's Safety Point System.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum CDL - Class B
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements
- No air brake restrictions
- Medical Card required
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES
- Have integrity in all aspect of the job
- Have the ability to properly communicate with all levels of management, peers, and the customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Willingness/enthusiasm for accepting responsibility and accountability; An "ownership" mentality.
- Strong work ethic
- Independent worker
- Achievement/results driven
- High-energy individual
- Ability to foster strong relationships with colleagues/customers
- Must be able to direct lift up to 55 lbs. and frequently maneuver 56 - 175 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally maneuver an appliance dolly with a CO2 tanks weighing up to 750 lbs. and 6 ft. tall.
- Ability to climb in and out of truck multiple times a day.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Must be able to work at different height levels.
- Must be able to work in an outside environment while tolerate extreme temperatures (hot or cold depending upon season and depot location).
- Have the ability pull and retrace a fill hose with distances up to 100 feet.
- Must be able to wear all required PPE, (Hard hats, safety glasses, ear protection, steel toed boots, and gloves as required).
- Must be able to wear company required uniforms.