ThyssenKrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertiseto develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of €41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
In North America, ThyssenKrupp companies offer a range of products and services, including: high-performance alloys, automotive components, elevators, escalators and moving walks, material trading, handling and logistics, plant construction and industrial services. In fiscal year 2013/2014, ThyssenKrupp companies in North America employed approximately 20,500 people and generated sales of €9 billion (approximately $11.4 billion) in Canada, the United States and Mexico.
In 2011, ThyssenKrupp adopted a regional organizational structure to streamline decision-making and take advantage of synergies as well as accelerate new product and service development in the region. As a result, the Group established a new North American headquarters, ThyssenKrupp North America, Inc. (TKNA), based in Chicago, Illinois. TKNA provides integrated strategic direction and services for all ThyssenKrupp companies in Canada, the United States and Mexico and helps identify new markets and opportunities for growth in the region.
The Elevator Technology business area brings together the ThyssenKrupp Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 6.4 billion euros in fiscal 2013/2014 and customers in 150 countries, ThyssenKrupp Elevator is one of the world's leading elevator companies. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers innovative and energy-efficient products designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of ThyssenKrupp Elevator AG.
Job Description / Specific Job Duties
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking a Sales Representative to join our world class team in our New Haven, CT branch office.
This position is responsible for the profitable sales of service and repair contracts on a full line of vertical transportation equipment (elevators/escalators) manufactured by ThyssenKrupp Elevator and its competitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of service and repair contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies
- Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service and repair offerings
- Close sufficient sales to exceed sales plan objectives
- Familiarity with reading blueprints preferred
- Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers and general contractors
- Ability to build new business associations / relationships and grow the TKE elevator business
- Generate leads for service and repair or equipment upgrades/modernization
- May occasionally require overnight travel within territory or for training and regional meetings.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of Commercial/B2B Sales experience
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and organize work
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include operating systems such as Microsof Windows and all Microsoft office software
- Ability & willingness to work as a team player; must be able to work well with others
- Stable employment history with success in B2B field sales, experience selling services versus commodities in a highly competitive market
- Experience with CRM systems a plus
- Military applicants encouraged to apply
- Oracle or SAP experience strongly preferred
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.