Join a leadership team that's making a positive difference in the lives of 450 Kindergarten-8th grade students in Loveland, Colorado.
New Vision Charter School is seeking an experienced educator to join
Reporting to the 7-member elected Board of Directors, the successful candidate will:
• Lead the school's community in the school's vision, philosophy and mission in all school endeavors.
• Maintain a school-wide focus on high standards of student achievement and prioritize the educational needs of students.
• Ensure teaching of Colorado and Core Knowledge standards; manage processes for analyzing achievement data to increase student achievement.
• Attract, recruit, interview, hire, manage, support and retain high performing, collaborative team of 40+ employees.
• Effectively evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness, including providing professional development and training opportunities.
• Work closely with NVCS Business Manager as well as Board of Directors and school district contacts to ensure fiscal solvency, set budget and manage the school's financial resources.
• Motivate others to action; build strong coalitions in order to achieve the school's short and long term goals.
• Interact effectively with parents, Boys and Girls Club of Larimer County and community groups with the goal of better serving students.
• Collaborate with NVCS Board of Directors on long term strategic planning and medium term process improvements.
• Comply with all applicable state and federal laws and reporting requirements.
• Manage school operations and facilities.
• Advanced degree, preferably in Educational Administration, Curriculum Development, Instruction, or related field.
• Have and maintain a Colorado Administrator's license, or equivalent.
• Proven experience in building a strong classroom culture, and a track record of collaborative, productive teamwork.
• Knowledge of Special Education and ADA requirements.
• Knowledge of Gifted and Talented requirements.
• Minimum five years successful teaching experience.
• Five years educational administration experience.
• Experience with selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of educational staff.
• Charter school instruction and/or leadership experience.
The ideal candidate will:
• Effectively inspire others and model positive character traits.
• Continually identify personal strengths and weaknesses; factor in the perception of others and make appropriate adjustments.
• Effectively organize and analyze information; anticipate challenges and incorporate new information to solve problems.
• Make decisions in a timely manner, even in ambiguous situations; consider consequences of the decision and communicate decisions to appropriate person in a timely manner.
• Maintain and promote social, ethical and organizational norms while conducting internal and external business activities.
• Seek to improve NVCS through adoption of best practices from other educational campuses.
Salary: $70,000 minimum
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the listed email address