We are working closely with a privately owned and rapidly growing company on their search to fill a Senior Accounting Analyst job in San Diego,CA. You will need to be a multi-talented and energetic individual who has the confidence and ability to report directly to both CEO and CFO. The primary function of the Senior Accounting Analyst job will be to assist with multiple accounting and financial processes related to existing and newly acquired businesses. A successful candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to learn how to utilize system tools to solve complicated problems.
Responsibilities of this Senior Accounting Analyst job include:
- Develop and manage financial and operational reports to support the organization’s financial reporting needs and to ensure that information is reported in a format that is consistent with the department standards, is accurate and meets the needs of the users.
- Organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related data mining functions.
- Process a large variety of documents, reports and records.
- Responsible for ensuring accounting principles (GAAP) and policies are met.
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Assist Corporate Accounting department as needed.
- Ad-hoc project oriented work/tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration
- Masters and/or CPA highly desired
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate large spreadsheets using Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- 3+ years of corporate accounting experience supporting month end close
- Experience in effectively working in a cross-functional environment, interacting with multiple departments.
- Flexible, uses critical thinking skills and open to learning new ideas/skills