Tempel is America's largest manufacturer of magnetic laminations for the motor and transformer industry. We are a growth-oriented, 70 year old company with manufacturing facilities in Chicago, Illinois; Monterrey, Mexico; Changzhou,China; and Chennai, India. We offer a full benefit package, and a competitive salary.
The position is responsible for developing, maintaining and improving the quality system. This would include but is not limited to: quality planning in support of new product development, product quality improvement, complaint and supplier quality management, production and process controls, and continuous improvement through the use of statistical techniques and other accepted quality practices. This position plans and directs activities concerned with development, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of our quality system.
- Execute the Quality Function Deployment procedure at all external design reviews
- Ensures Tempel processes are capable of meeting all customer requirements using process capability data collected for similar parts, records and resolves any Open Design Issues
- Determines the appropriate measurement methods (with input from QA Lab) for new parts and ensures customer agrees
- Maintain Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and Process Flows using corrective action data from similar parts
- Develops Process Control Plans for Inspection/Process Control used for serial production
- Assemble, review and submit all PPAP packages
- Follows up on Open Design Issues with customer and/or project manager to ensure all action items are closed
- Lead improvements to present manufacturing process to increase productivity and quality. Including supporting Lean Manufacturing projects and Six-Sigma projects
- Develop and support the development of corrective and preventative measures in response to customer concerns or complaints
- Lead the audit of suppliers of Tempel steel with the purpose to grant validate suppliers certification and compliance to Tempel’s Quality System requirements
- Participate and support Temple’s Internal Quality Audit process based on ISO/TS standard