(**Please Note: Unable to work on a C2C basis for this position)
Looking to identify a Software Developer - Java who is excited to work for a global payments technology company.Their network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Their also a global advocate for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, and to be fueled by a team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world, you have found your fit!
Join our team today!
- Perform software updates
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or feedback and correct problems
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems
- Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or choose solutions
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
BS/MS degree in computer science, computer security or relevant field (Required)
- Understanding of Blockchain algorithm, and working experience in Bitcoin transaction scripting and knowledge of how Bitcoin and various other cryptocurrencies differ
- Understanding and hands on working experience in distributed database technologies
- Experience in building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Java or Scala
- Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, Paxos, etc)
- Understanding of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures
- Experience building applications using any of the following (or similar) languages: Java , Scala, Python, C, C++,,
- Active demonstrable interest in Bitcoin, distributed systems, DHTs or cryptography
- Experience in concurrent programming languages(golang/Erlang/Elixir) may be a plus
- Experience in developing micro services, RESTful API and safeguarding them. (Required)
- Experience with source control, build & deployment tools such as Subversion, Maven, Hudson, Git and Chef/Ansible desirable. (Required)
- Experience with middleware -both Web and AppServers like Apache/Tomcat/tcServer. (Required)
- Experience with writing unit tests, integration tests and automation tools. (Required)
- Strong analytical skills with good problem solving ability (Desired)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required)
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software (Required)
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models (Required)
**Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About TEKsystems: Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.