Are you an entrepreneurial, success-driven product manager aspiring to lead a content business as well as a product? Are you ambitious and looking to step up to a senior role? Ifthat’s you, then you should apply for this Move, Inc. Sr. Product Manager position and create diversified digital news and video product solutions that align with target audiences and generate revenue. This exciting role offers a mix of strategy, business insight, executive exposure and product development. It is also a growing focus for Move, Inc., a subsidiary of News Corp, which is a leading media company, with products and publications including the Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch and Storyful.
The Sr. Product Manager, News & Video will plan and lead our news, advice and video content businesses, which attract millions of users per month. You will define a strategic vision, goals, KPIs and product roadmap, develop documentation and design requirements. You will collaborate with engineering, UX, our editorial director and content team as well as other internal stakeholders to deliver new and improved experiences across all publishing platforms. You will be expected to balance audience needs with advertiser goals in a way that maximizes repeat usage of our digital products and optimizes for both revenue and quality experience.
You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, often working with the sales channel and key customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the core positioning for the product in collaboration with editorial and sales stakeholders
- Define and gain editorial, sales and product support for your content strategy and roadmap
- Work with editors, designers and developers and other product teams to innovate on existing products as well as build new ones
- Develop within an agile development methodology, turning concepts into clear technical requirements and actively participating in the agile process with design and technology teams
- With your finance counterparts, demonstrate the viability of your ad strategy through predictive revenue models
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum five years’ experience as a product manager
- Knowledge of the digital publishing industry is a must
- Prior experience in news and video content businesses is a plus
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products via Agile SDLC methodology
- Strong eye for design, yet data-centric
- Previous experience developing, managing or working in an editorial CMS
- Experience developing SEO, syndication and social features to grow audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective in public speaking situations
- Experience working in a large, high volume consumer internet media is highly desirable
- Effectiveness in matrixed organizations is key