Responsible for performing the review, analysis and scoring of Project Investment and Application Service Requests (“ASR”) for the purpose of confirming the completeness and accuracy of the request and alignment with EmblemHealth strategy, goals and objectives. Analysis includes validation of all quantitative data to include financial cost and benefit along with any claimed non-financial performance metrics. The person filling this position must have excellent analytical skills. Additionally, the individual must have excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills and be able to work with various stakeholders and validate assumptions and determine appropriateness and accuracy of submissions.
Summary:* Perform due diligence for Project Investment and Application Service Requests (ASRs) by ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all data presented in the request by the submitter. This includes subjective and quantitative analysis of financial and non-financial data.
• Build financial models which accurately reflect the costs and benefits of any request; confirm and establish the benefit realization baseline and program for each request to be monitored and managed after completion of any request.
• Partner, communicate and interact with business stakeholders (request submitters) to understand business needs and work while exercising a certain level of professional skepticism to validate requests.
• Assist internal clients on financial matters related to request submissions.
• Utilize industry standard / best practices in making assessments and determinations of project cost vs. benefits.
• Work with area leaders / LOBs to provide support for projects, while balancing the need for cost control at the corporate level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:* Knowledge of health insurance business operations, processes, procedures, products and programs
• Basic understanding of IT systems and their interaction in support of business processes
• Ability to work with various business functions and provide financial expertise
• Demonstrated discretion and independent judgment in handling of confidential information and matters of significance
• Knowledge of payer business and support operations/functions inclusive of IT, business development, and health care operations.