This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking for a stable, long term position with the ability to grow within the company and work into additional roles. Pay increases as your ability and experience with the company grows.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Administrative Assistant/Staff Auditor will include but are not limited to:
• Perform detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts work papers from clients' trial balance.
• Prepares and sends out confirmations for client files and tracks and manages these.
• Prepares and tracks jobs and engagements and prepares regularly status updates.
• Learning a thorough knowledge of the Client's business and related needs.
• Analyze and evaluate the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures.
• Review, develop and recommend changes in accounting systems and controls of business.
• Analyze and recommend changes in internal audit controls.
• Trace out Trial Balance items to support such as bank statements, general ledgers, invoices and agreements / contracts
• Research accounting issues.
• Assist owner and employees as necessary with general and administrative tasks.
• Other duties as assigned by the owner or supervisors.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field preferred
• Very organized individual that can keep up with and work on several projects at once
• 1-4 years' experience with Public Accounting firms - desired but willing to train the right person
• Knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
• Proficient with computers and accounting software
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Organized, detail oriented, and a team player
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
• Friendly with the ability to work with clients and employees
• Willingness to learn and desire to grow within the company
Email Resume to be considered. Please no calls.