MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Entry Requirement for All Grade Levels:
You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited high school, technical or vocational school, two-year or four-year college
Applicants must have at least a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Basic Grade Requirements
GS-01: Enrollment in a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) program.
GS-02: Completion of high school or GED diploma.
GS-03: Successfully completed one year of education above high school
GS-04: Completed two full years of successfully completed education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite or associate's degree.
GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school leading to a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
GS-07: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
S.A.A. is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society
1. Class standing -- Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the
college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
2. Grade-point average (G.P.A.)-- Applicants must have a grade-point average of:
1. 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or
2. 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required
courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.
3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society. degree.
GS-09: Completion of 2 academic years of graduate level education, or a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree.
GS-11: For research positions, completion of all requirements for a master's or equivalent graduate degree.
REQUIRED AREAS OF STUDY: Seeking a degree in mathematics, statistics, physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration or psychology.
NOTE: To show proof of meeting the Basic Entry Requirements, all applicants MUST submit a copy of their college transcripts and proof of current enrollment. See the Required Documents section for more information.
Applicant must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
The following competencies are desirable at the full performance level of this position (GS-11)
- Knowledge of and skill in applying statistical theories, methodology, and developments of a nationwide data collection program to perform the full range of specialized duties.
- Knowledge of organizational programs, terminology procedures, and standards to apply to assigned projects in order to prepare technical instruction manuals for clients or enumerators.
- Ability to evaluate critical factors relative to assignments, draw rational inferences, and prepare technical reports of findings and methods.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To preview questions please click here.