Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service in pristine clean stores
under the guidelines of the company policies and all applicable laws. Striveto increase sales through suggestive selling and accurate recording of sales. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty,integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that each customer receives prompt and courteous service.
- Greet customers, use suggestively sells techniques/skills and thank each customer.
- Comply with Federal mandates and company policy regarding tobacco sales
- Operate cash register system, money order machine, lotto terminal and credit card machine within established company guidelines.
- Ensure that fresh coffee is available at all times and maintains pristine conditions in the coffee area.
- Maintain pristine conditions in the fast food area.
- Ensure that all supplies in the coffee and fast food area are stocked (i.e., napkins, cups, straws, lids and condiments).
- Ensure that grocery, cooler and freezer items are fully stocked, cleaned, faced and fronted.
- Ensure that cigarette racks and displays are full.
- Ensure that all trash containers inside and outside are emptied and cleaned as needed.
- Ensure that the exterior store conditions are maintained to enhance curb appeal of the property during all hours of operation.
- Ensure that the restrooms are pristine and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and orderly manner.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to participate in training classes conducted by the company.
- People-oriented and able to provide superior customer service.
- Display a positive attitude that is contagious, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other associates.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally and stand and walk for the entire shift.
- Must be available and willing to work some weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in customer service/retail field.
- Stable work history.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None