To qualify for the Pathways Internship Program, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and the qualification requirement corresponding to the grade level at which they wish to be considered by the
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY: Applicants must be currently enrolled or, if graduating, has been accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student undertaking a two-year or four-year program at least half-time in an accredited educational, vocational, or technical institution; maintain a minimum 2.8 grade point average; and pursuing any of the following academic degrees:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Vocational/Technical Certificate (two-year program)
- Associate's Degree
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Graduate Degree (Master's program)
- Professional Degree (Doctoral program)
Applicants MUST submit school transcripts and proof of enrollment documentation (at least half-time) or letter of acceptance. Official transcripts are required upon selection. Failure to submit the documentation will result in disqualification from further consideration.
- GS-02: Completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- GS-03: Completion of one full academic year of post-high school study (30 semester/45 quarter units)
- GS-04: Completion of two full academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree at an accredited college or university (60 semester/90 quarter units)
- GS-05: Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree at an accredited college or university (120 semester/180 quarter units)
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
7. Bargaining Unit Position: No
8. Drug Screening Required: No
9. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
10. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
11. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
12. Must sign FDA Pathways Program Participant Agreement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting the eligibility and minimum qualification requirements will be referred for selection without ranking, in accordance with applicable veterans' preference requirements. The information you provide may be verified by a review of work experience and/or education, by checking references and through other means (e.g., interview).
Your evaluation may also include a review by a Human Resources Specialist or panel and may include other assessments (e.g., interview, panel review, etc.).