Job Title: System Architect 5
A leader in aviation and aviation training products is looking for the best to journey with us into the future of navigation!
For more than 80 years,
We are the world's leading provider of aeronautical data, and are combining our company's enduring spirit of innovation with a legacy of leadership in aviation to deliver 21st century navigation and optimization solutions.
At Jeppesen, we believe in a balance between personal growth and professional development. We hire the best to grow our company's future. Visit our website (www. Jeppesen.com) to learn more about Jeppesen's pioneering spirit, and to apply for our open positions.
Technical Architect responsible for supporting the Integrated Solutions Technology Development Team. This position will support multiple projects across multiple technology platforms. The qualified candidate must be able to apply system architecture concepts and techniques to implement technical decisions expressed in technical vision, strategy, requirements and software code. Define and lead analysis to align technical scope to project scope, determine requirements, define technical, schedule, and budget risks and develop mitigation strategies. Define and manage technical dependencies and align development solutions with enterprise architecture strategy.
- Defines requirements and designs and verifies architecture, data and information management systems and components. Prepares initial design constraints and ensures architecture conforms to requirements. Incorporates architecture functions into system development lifecycle. Develops and maintains architecture views and models. Performs initial assessments of feasibility of architecture solutions and alternatives. Performs initial assessment of product suitability for integration into delivery system environments. Drafts data and information management products and service standards. Assists with assessment of impact of architectural decisions throughout the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to the definition of architecture principles, guidelines, patterns, and standards.
- Monitor the implementation of architecture throughout the system development lifecycle and provide technical guidance and clarification to the technical implementation resources.
- Report potential intellectual property and resolve its disposition with corporate intellectual property process.
- Provide effective communication to business and technical community on behalf of the system or project.
- Apply appropriate estimating techniques to determine the level of effort and financial investment required for the technical implementation of the solution.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation experience with system architecture principles, tools, and methods.
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior. May have responsibility for leading the work of a team.
- Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capability and image.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research and development.
(Relocation not offered with this position)
Jeppesen offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options, including 401(k) with company match.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification.
Jeppesen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.