Tailor - Destination XL
The primary focus of the Tailor is to be responsible for maintaining the high customer service in men’s tailored clothing and presentation standards for whichwe are known. The Tailor’s primary job function is to perform wide-ranging functions from fitting garments to sewing machine maintenance. Our Tailors must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and exhibit those standards. The Tailor works as a member of the store team in supporting operational activities that generate sales. DXL Tailors should have a passion for clothing and fashion and the ability to sell tailored clothing. The ability to develop and maintain long term customer relationships is critical.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth; Demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Responsible for fitting of all garments.
- Responsible and oversee all alterations according to fitting specifications with the ability to meet the client time frame.
- Responsible for establishing fitting blocks for garments.
- Responsible for recording personal productivity.
- Responsible and oversee all alterations according to fitting specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining sewing machines.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction. Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.