Crown Castle is the nation’s largest provider of wireless infrastructure, with revenues in excess of $3 billion. We are a publicly traded REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) andare listed on the NYSE (NYSE: CCI) and included in the S&P 500. Since 1994, we support the ever-growing demands of wireless users with over 40,000 towers and 14,000 small cell nodes. Our 10 years of experience working with small cell solutions and distributed antenna systems puts us at the forefront of new innovations in wireless infrastructure. While our 2,300 employees are spread out across 40 offices around the country, we act as a single, close-knit team. Our employees work together to enable all of us to stay connected, conduct business, and live our lives the way we’ve come to expect.
Position Title : Real Estate Specialist
Execute and deliver on the day-to-day Area Real Estate activities in accordance with Crown Castle objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance when an application is received. Review and process applications within cycle time guidelines, securing consents and additional land if needed and removing restrictions that could impact the customer’s timely installation or prevent marketing of the tower.
- Negotiate and obtain required consents, LOAs and additional land as quickly as possible and within cycle time expectations.
- Perform all revenue producing services to meet projected goals and targets. Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Promote pre-construction and zoning and permitting services. Work with Real Estate Manager and/or Director to ensure proper staffing is in place to deliver these services to the customer within budget and on time. Deliver service and exceed expectations.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Review zoning regulations in support of new customer applications and attend project meetings as needed keeping the District informed of zoning documentation needed from customer.
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Ensure all landlord default claims are resolved within cure period and documents are properly scanned into CCIsites.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Resolve all other real estate matters including condemnations, encroachment claims, easement relocations, tax liens, etc. as expeditiously as possible ensuring that Crown’s policies are followed and litigation exposure is minimized.
- Work with corporate functional groups and local attorneys (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and work with District, Asset, Tower Operations, Sales, Property Management, Legal, CM&R, Accounting, Tax, and PEP teams on property questions and issues.
- Review all necessary real estate documents to ensure accurate Property Certification on all assets. Ensure that sites already certified remain “evergreen” by monitoring PEP’s closings and ensuring that system is updated properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure CCISites/Readiness/ (Zoning) LUTab, BPM and LRM are properly used, updated and accurate.
- Escalate matters to Real Estate Manager and/or Real Estate Director when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Comply with all Crown Castle policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience; or,
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Real Estate license preferred but not required