Downtown Hartford Corporation is looking for a paralegal join their legal department on a temporary to direct hire basis. The Legal Research Analyst/Paralegal will assist the VP of Human Resources &
General Counsel with analyzing and researching corporate legal issues (both domestic and foreign) related to human resources, general corporate law, compliance and litigation.
- Conduct initial review of non-standard commercial contracts and coordinate contract review process
- Assist with reviewing/updating foreign employment contracts
- Perform detailed legal research (topics may include both domestic and foreign human resources, employment law and benefit matters, as well as general corporate topics)
- Coordinate research and leading research projects
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Summarize legal documents for review and approval
- Perform employment record research
- Prepare/update corporate policies
- Assist with compliance issues
- Assist with required domestic/foreign corporate filings
- Coordinate expatriate processes and maintain up-to-date procedures
- Coordinate independent contractor processes and maintain up-to-date procedures
- Assist with Affirmative Action reporting, VETS-100 reporting and EEO1 reporting
- Abandoned property reporting
- Assist with litigation management
- Additional HR & Legal projects as assigned
Required: A High School Diploma
Desired: A Paralegal certificate, an Associates’ Degree in Legal Studies or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related area is desired.
Required: 4 years of experience as a Paralegal, Legal Research Analyst, Legal Assistant or similar position
Desired: 2+ years of in a corporate legal department
Required: Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Desired: Intermediate proficiency with Visio, Proficiency with SAP
- The ability to perform legal research independently
- The ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to superior customer service.
Interested candidates submit your resume in Word format via the Apply Now button for consideration.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG®) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
Kelly Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: KELYA, KELYB) is a global leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the world, Kelly
provided employment to more than 555,000 employees in 2014.
Revenue in 2014 was $5.6 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Download WorkWire™, a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.