# of Positions 3
Job Type Professional/Technical
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends Required Not Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurerof cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Provides operational models for all user-centered design processes, roles, tools, and artifacts
- Provides thought leadership and direction to Enterprise Architecture, User-Centered Design (UCD) and User Experience (UX) operations, and digital architectural design across multiple projects
- Implements innovative and appropriate technologies as a part of the overall user-centered design operational and experience architectural continuous improvement strategy
- Creates scalable site structures, User Interface (UI) frameworks and navigation elements that improve usability, and align with business and IT architectures
- Ensures experience architecture design adheres to the project requirements, objectives, and timelines
- Works with business partners and management to establish the best use of company resources for digital work, such as people, technology, and time
- Promotes and cultivates the continuous improvement of UCD processes, UX operational strategy, digital artifacts and the UI framework
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Guides the execution of the Experience Architecture (EA) strategy, including the high-level application and maintenance of the relevant components of the enterprise Ops Model
- Provides support and guidance to the UX Team from an UX architecture/framework perspective, and assists with UX project scoping, when necessary
- Serves as UX Lead's point-of-contact for strategic direction and alignment of the UI framework, UCD process, digital artifacts and templates
- Collaborates with partnering teams and is accountable for Experience Architecture (EA) delivery within working groups to ensure cross-workstream UX architecture oversight
- Defines the UI framework for aspirational visualizations and strategic UX concepting efforts, and guides the delivery of rapid prototypes of the UX architecture solution
- Approves all CAB exception requests that impact the execution of the UCD process or digital artifacts
- Provides leadership for Experience Architecture, as well as for internal and external project teams as directed
- Stays abreast of UCD and UX architecture best practices to inform the evolution of the UCD processes, digital artifacts and templates
ITEMS OF NOTE
- Job may require travel outside normal business hours; travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles; and may include weekends
- HFI Certification preferred
State Farm Insurance is seeking a UX Strategist with an information architecture background to help guide the digital customer journey at the enterprise level and oversee our UX/UI design team as a Digital Experience Architect.
**Please include a link to your digital portfolio or attach work samples within the resume summary of your online application. Portfolio should include samples of web, responsive web and native application (mobile) design. Please note we are unable to access cloud-based portfolio links.**
Desired experience and skills:
-7+ years of extensive and diverse experience in digital user experience, with a focus on UX Architecture, cross-journey experience, UCD processes, including operations management
-Experience in project management/analysis, agile development and operational metrics
-Master's Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, Engineering Psychology, Information Architecture, or Human-Centered Computing or MBA
- Involved in relevant Digital Design/UX communities, associations, and a recognized leader within the digital design industry
-Excellent communication and presentation skills
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here.