This position provides support of the virtualized application and desktop environment. The candidate will work with IT professionals and third party vendors to ensure a secure and reliable virtualized
1. Build and maintain a base Windows image for virtualized workstations including OS, drivers and software packages utilized by all business partners.
2. Monitor patches available to the Windows base image and the infrastructure components supporting virtualization. Determine which patches should be applied and in what timeframe. Test and deploy patches.
3. Recommend and provide tools to support the virtualization environment for tier two support personnel and software repackaging/sequencing
4. Track local IT software assets by keeping the IT systems and inventories accurate.
5. Ensure the tracking of applications (approvals and access to them) are actively occurring. Assist and resolve issues when they occur with the process. Provide a method to obtain reports.
6. Ensure the tools utilized to inventory the virtualized apps and operating systems appropriately feed asset management data repositories. Assist and resolve issues when they occur with the process. Provide a method to obtain reports.
7. Have a strong understanding of the base Windows image and applications. Troubleshoot and resolve issues pertaining to OS and third party applications.
8. Have a strong understanding and ability to use the following toolsets and frameworks: Powershell, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and Microsoft App-V.
9. Have a strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, including Group Policy, authentication technologies, and administration of groups.
10. Work with the server virtualization team to ensure the best integrations are in place between the VMware-based virtualized servers and the Citrix app and desktop delivery systems.
11. Monitor and utilize the service desk ticketing system to resolve client requests and issues in a timely manner.
12. After hours support may be required at times.
13. Assist other IT areas with projects and technology upgrades.
14. Stay knowledgeable of the latest technologies, trends and strategies within the industry and company. Identify if they can be utilized to improve productivity or decrease costs.
15. Stay knowledgeable of local and corporate standards and procedures. Ensure all work adheres to applicable standards and procedures.
16. Conduct self-audits when requested to ensure adherence to IT standards and procedures.
17. Create and maintain processes and documents pertaining to the virtualized environment.
18. Develop and conduct training for clients in both written and verbal communications if requested.
19. Perform special projects and other duties as required.
20. Support the corporate culture by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety & Corporate Social Responsibility.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.