zulily is a retailer obsessed with bringing our customers something special every day. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, including clothing, home decor, accessories, toysand gifts, giving customers something new to discover each morning at an incredible price. We are fast-paced, innovative and metric-driven, with a team passionate for delighting our customers. Whether you want to work with incredible product selection, develop smart marketing plans, help us in our pursuit of faster fulfillment, or do something else awesome in between, we have a place for you. With locations in Seattle, Reno, Columbus and Bethlehem, our team is excited to be changing the way people shop every day - and we are just getting started.
As the Vice President of Technical Operations & Security at zulily, you will define and own the strategy, roadmap and delivery for a best-in-class infrastructure and security team and platform. You are passionate about harnessing the power of diverse teams in order to deliver something superior to the sum of its parts. You believe that the ultimate goal of infrastructure services is to deliver the highest possible availability while supporting innovative development teams and protecting data and systems from an evolving landscape of threats and risks. You face challenges head on and believe that any obstacle may be overcome through teamwork. You are a visionary leader that can translate business needs into technology solutions that meet the needs of customers, both internal and external. You believe in planning, but are willing to adapt to change when the need for change arises.
More specifically in this position you will:
- Define and deliver the technology strategy and supporting product roadmaps for all areas of responsibility
- Recruit, hire and develop a world-class technology team
- Evaluate, negotiate, implement and support large-scale technology partner agreements
- Define and deliver our technology security & compliance program - a focus on ITGC's, annual audit, PCI and cyber security
- Responsible for defining and delivery our ongoing cloud strategy and supporting DevOps model - with a focus on flexibility, dynamic scalability and business continuity
- Own, define and deliver our capacity management program - with a focus on tier-1 systems and dynamic scalability
- Manage and oversee multiple complex projects and programs which are broad in scope and deliver a significant value to the company's top level objectives & goals
- Drive continuous improvement (productivity and quality) in how we plan and deliver large-scale technology programs and services
- Strengthen relationships across business by engaging business leaders and end user customers, to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- 15+ years experience building and managing engineering teams that design, deliver and support large distributed web-based systems.
- 15+ years of experience managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
- 15+ years of security experience developing and leading large corporate security, risk management and other related programs.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- Has demonstrated experience building and managing high-performing technical teams, setting goals and crafting plans to achieve them.
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class engineers and be able to make the right design decisions and technology choices.
- Analytical leader that is a strong project manager and effective problem-solver with experience in action and results oriented management.
- Proven track record of delivering large scale, complex technology products and services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly.
- Strong contract management and negotiating skills and a proven track record of selecting and managing strong technology partners.
- Expertise in all aspects of security disciplines: information security, cyber-risk and vulnerability assessments, threat analysis, incident response, threat modeling and security intelligence.
- Expertise in all aspects of cloud & web based infrastructure: public cloud, private cloud, devops model, incident response and capacity management.
- Results oriented leader that possesses a strong ability to influence and is comfortable working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.