Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines andtime zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
- Work swing shift/flexible schedules.
- Perform scheduled inspections on machines, equipment, and pumps in a wastewater treatment plant, interpreting information from gauges, charts, laboratory test results and process computer outputs.
- Read and record weather conditions and various flow and treatment data.
- Operate raw sewage pumps, bar screens, grit removal equipment, sampling pumps, primary clarifiers, skimmers, flights, primary effluent pumps, complete mix biological reactors, activated sludge clarifiers, chlorination and/or de-chlorination equipment, compressors, pneumatic flow control systems, chemical metering equipment, sludge pumps, and other equipment associated with the routine operation of a secondary wastewater treatment plant.
- Take wastewater samples according to correct protocols and perform analysis for: heavy metals by colorimetric methods, suspended and total solids, biochemical and carbonaceous oxygen demand concentrations, pH, temperature, fecal coliform counts, microorganism identification and quantification, dissolved oxygen levels.
- Perform various equipment and building maintenance and repair tasks at a Wastewater Treatment Plant or in remote pumping stations.
- Clean and maintain buildings and equipment; wash floors, pits, tanks, walls, windows, pumps, machinery; adjust pump packings and sealing water supplies.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods used in Wastewater Treatment Plant operations for secondary treatment in a Michigan ‘Class B” WWTP.