• Professionally plans, monitors, and coordinates operations of health and habilitation programs for consumers in community based settings to ensure a high quality of life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
• Ensures high standards of daily care and personal health and grooming of each resident through monitoring of the residential setting.
• Monitors accurate documentation in record keeping and maintenance of electronic files.
• Monitors for high quality of life at host homes, in family care, or in apartment settings.
• Monitors the implementation of objectives as determined in the resident's SP/ISSP/BISSP.
• Problem solves with host home providers, family care givers, health care providers and the IDT within a timely manner.
• Monitors the general upkeep of the host home or family home, including safety of adaptive equipment, ensuring person centered furnishings and access to personal property.
• Communicates in a positive and responsive manner with guardians, families, CCB's, day programs, health professionals, and state personnel.
• In emergencies, the coordinator will assist in finding respite providers or relief staff for host home providers, family care givers, or apartment PCA's.
• Assists with coordinating care with health professionals throughout the community as per each individual's health care treatment objectives.
• Prepares and participates in all consumer centered meetings (IDT, SP, HRC) and assists with problem solving.
• Advocates for personal growth for consumers within a person centered model.
• Develops, assesses accuracy, updates, implements and trains on Health and Safety Plans and other annual assessments.
• Assists in person centered goal setting to develop, implement, train, and monitor the individual's habilitative ISSP.
• Assists in implementing and monitoring the BISSP with the support of a behaviorist.
• Professionally promote and represent the core values of Support, Inc. in the community.
• Conducts intensive quarterly medication, file and home safety review.
• Plans for, requests, and monitors for appropriate amount of service units in each individual's PAR that is reflective of consumer needs throughout the year.
• Manages a caseload of contract Host Home providers, family care givers,or shift staff personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures, personnel manual and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training, planning, assigning and directing work; informally appraising performance; and addressing complaints to assist in resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent; or 2 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply, please email your resume to Karen Piper Support, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
SUMMARY • Professionally plans, monitors, and coordinates operations of health and habilitation programs for consumers in community based settings to