Under limited supervision and as part of Quality Assurance Team, performs and documents diverse bench and floor inspections of a variety of standard or custom aircraft parts, products, and materials that are being produced in house or received from vendors. Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments, including electronic devices and CMM. Checks color, finish, dimensions, hardness, density and other measurable and observable characteristics of material. Performs, documents and reviews detailed first article and conformity inspections. May recommend, write, and review quality procedures. May use statistical tools to chart data. Participates in continuous improvement efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
o Detail inspection of components, subassemblies and final product.
o Documentation of inspection.
o Resolve technical issues with engineering, supply chain and QA management, and refer more complex issues to senior representatives / leadership.
o Nonconforming material processing.
o First article inspection and documentation per AS9102.
o FAA conformity inspections.
o FAA 8130-3 tag preparation.
o Engineering Change Request preparation.
o Participate in preparation of detailed work instructions.
o Participate in process improvement efforts .
o Training of junior inspectors.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• A&P and HVAC certification preferred.
• Two year degree and/or quality accreditation preferred.
• Experience working with engineering, customer service, supply chain, and quality to perform inspections in timely manner in highly dynamic environment.
• Excellent customer service skills for mainly internal customers.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a quality assurance position.
• Intermediate computer literacy with ERP program, Outlook, Word, Excel Experience in aviation or related products preferred.
• Strong organization, time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Apply online https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/52213